Ijen Tour is best volcano tour in Java Indonesia, Kawah Ijen Tour Agency is located in Banyuwangi East Java Indonesia. We provide Mount Ijen Crater Tour, Bromo Tour Volcano and Bromo Ijen Tour Packages for your enjoyable holiday. Discover another stunning tourism such Ijen Blue Fire, Bromo Sunrise and Tumpak Sewu Waterfall or Madakaripura Waterfall. East Java Indonesia highlight, the Mount Ijen Volcano (Kawah Ijen) towers on top of the Ijen Plateau. A extremely acidic crater lake yields sulfur for native miners, whereas burning gases emit an eerie blue glow at night. Views of Java’s most excellent volcanoes, as well as Mount Merapi and Mount Raung, make the summit value bagging.
Kawah Ijen Tour
- 1 Kawah Ijen Tour
- 1.1 Gunung Ijen, Kawah Ijen or Ijen Crater
- 1.2 Ijen Tour Guide
- 1.3 Ijen Crater Tour Packages
- 1.4 Ijen Blue Fire, Kawah Ijen Volcano Blue Lava
- 2 Mount Ijen Tour Itinerary
Ijen Crater Tours is Top recommended volcano destination in East Java Indonesia. Ijen Crater offer amazing mesmerizing electric blue fire (Ijen Crater Blue Fire), streaming down the mountain during the night, a turquoise, tranquil, but highly toxic lake with a sunrise that leaves you in awe with various shades of pink and purple as a backdrop, yourself being enrobed in sulphur clouds, breathing into a gas mask,making you look like a soldier on a mission and passing men carrying for hours up to 90 kilos of suplhur in baskets on their shoulders not only that Kawah Ijen or Ijen Crater has best sunrise spot just like in Bromo.
Gunung Ijen, Kawah Ijen or Ijen Crater
The Ijen Plateau or Ijen Crater is a group of three volcanoes sitting 2800m above sea level in the East of Java. The highest of these is Gunung Merapi, the ‘Mountain of Fire’. Ijen Crater or Ijen Plateau or known to Indonesians as Kawah Ijen, is one of the top recommended volcano in Indonesia to be visited. This active crater of 134 sq km has a landscape of volcanic cones of both Mount Ijen/Ijen Crater and Mount Merapi (not to be confused with the famous Mount Merapi in Central Java).
Ijen Tour Guide
Mount Ijen or Ijen Crater or well known to Indonesians as Gunung Ijen, it is highest recommended active volcano in Indonesia must be visited. Mount Ijen has active crater of 134 sq kilometer, it has a landscape of volcanic cones of each Mount Ijen/Ijen Crater and Mount Merapi (do not to be confused with the famous Mt Merapi in Central Java). Visit Ijen Volcano for the largest acidic lake in the world and for the attractive Ijen Blue Fire (Ijen Blue Lava/Blue Flame) in the night. Besides it’s one of the simplest volcanic mountain of Indonesia with this one brimfull with the rare sulphurs.
Where is mount ijen?
- Kawah Ijen volcano advanced is a cluster of composite volcanoes situated on the border between Banyuwangi and Bondowoso Regency of East Java – Indonesia. it’s inside an eponymic larger volcanic crater Ijen, that is concerning twenty kilometres (12 mi) wide. The Gunung Merapi stratovolcano is the highest point of that complex. Banyuwangi is at the eastmost tip of Java, and is best famous for its ferry connection at Ketapang to Gilimanuk in Bali. This area has a lot more to offer though and it is becoming higher known as a traveler destination in its own right. Banyuwangi is the nearest city before traverler start Kawah Ijen Tour
How to get to mount ijen?
- Kawah Ijen Tour Indonesia, which literally translates to (Ijen Crater/Ijen Mountain),” is located in Banyuwangi eastern Java island. To get to Kawah Ijen, we can take the train from Yogyakarta or Surabaya to Karangasem/Stasiun Banyuwangi Kota station Banyuwangi or alternatively, .
How to get to mount ijen from bali?
- Kawah Ijen Tour from BALI ISLAND, we can travel to Banyuwangi by ferry from Gilimanuk Port Bali to Ketapang Port Banyuwangi. For Kawah Ijen Tour from Bali, you can go to denpasar.
- By Bus to Gilimanuk Port – The price is around 70,000 rupiah/person, start the journey from Denpasar bus station.
- Ferry from Gilimanuk Port to Banyuwangi Port : the price is around IDR 10,000 – 15,000 rupiah/person.
Fyi: For your enjoyable tour to Ijen, we suggest you to book the tour. It becouse a fery few public transportation operates at night for your IJEN BLUE FIRE TOUR. Due to the danger involved in visiting the Ijen crater to see the BLUE FIRE at Night, hiring a local guide is highly advisable.
Read: Complete Ijen Travel Guide click here: http://ijenbromotours.com/ijen-crater-travel-guide/
Ijen Crater Tour Packages
Kawah Ijen Tour Package with GWI Tour Agency Indonesia, check our detail tour service of Kawah Ijen Tour below:
Special Ijen Volcano Tour Packages, Kawah Ijen expedition for Blue Fire, Sunrise & Photography Tours
Ijen Crater Tour package start from Surabaya to Banyuwangi to Ijen, Back to Surabaya/transfer to Bali 2 days 1 night Tours
Ijen Crater Tour package start from Bali to Banyuwangi to Ijen, Back to Bali/transfer to Surabaya 2 days 1 night Tours, read more on Ijen Blue Fire Tour From Bali
Ijen Crater Tour package start from Banyuwangi 1 day 1 Night Tour, read more on Ijen Blue Fire Tour From Banyuwangi
Ijen Blue Fire Tour From Singapore
Kawah Ijen Tour Special Tour Package from Singapore 3 Day 2 Nights, discover Kawah Ijen Tour and Mt Bromo Tour.
Ijen Blue Fire, Kawah Ijen Volcano Blue Lava
Mount Ijen Tour Itinerary
- The trip starts at 1am from Banyuwangi. You can get around in most preferred choice a 4WD.
- After that it is all on foot to hike up Mount Ijen to get to the crater and to walk around the crater rim. But in case of a high activity of the volcano sometime can be shifted to the morning or even prohibited for tourists.
- Normally the entrance opened about 00.30 am. travelers will climb 3 km is not it and they will come down to the crater, the road to the bottom of the crater are very steep and hard about about 250 meters. Only then, the blue flame pins.
- This amazing natural phenomenon. Blue flame at Kawah Ijen is unique, rare, and becoming an attraction itself. It also adds to the beauty of Ijen Crater, after the sunrise.
- On the top of Ijen crater you will see a few flashes of blue fire, but when we descent to the lake you can make some pictures.
- The road back is very beautiful. Mountain peaks of volcanic complex, a fog and clouds shrouding slopes, scorched trees and dense vegetation of forests and fields are on the way.
Locals call the caldera surrounding Ijen “Gunung Merapi” which means Mountain of Fire. The burning continues twenty-four hours a day, but it’s most visible in darnkess. The volcano emits hydrogen chloride gas, which reacts with water to form Kawah Ijen lake. The water’s pH balance is almost 0 and highly concentrated with hydrochloric acid.The lake seems to have plumes of toxic gas on its 722 m diameter. It also runs into the Banyupahit River.
Ijen Crater (FAQ)
Need more information on Ijen Crater? Read through our Ijen Crater Travel Guide get them answered!
Back to Ijen Bromo Tours